Sunday, February 15, 2009

We are Barbie Girls, In a Barbie World!

(Image courtesy of: nitrolicious.com)
I know I blogged on this before, but finally, the Barbie Mercedes Benz Fashion Show aired! Yes, it was amazing and yes, it brought back some nostalgia for us! I love, still love and will always love Barbie! I know as a feminist, many a woman would scorn me for this, but hey- I am a fashionista too!


Barbie always signified all things glamourous and fashion like for me! I can recall designing miniature garments and sewing them for my barbies at the ripe age of 7 with my first sewing machine! I can also remember my first fashion drawing kit and yes, it was a mattel Barbie Fashion Stencil Kit! Barbie instilled in me the love of fashion and I am amazed at the longevity of the brand!


The Barbie show was incredible and it definitely pulled in some great vintage stylings as well as some crazy off the wall contemporary outfits for 2009! I just loved the designs as well as the INCREDIBLE pink Louboutin pumps! The owners thank Barbie for developing the imagination in us for our love of fashion! You can see some great vintage and contemporary mixings in the line shown at the Mercedes Benz Fashion Show and you know THRIFT is all about mixing vintage and contemporary for a unique look!


Keep checking back for more fashion lovers!


Jenny

Thrift-for the good find!

Make us your friend on myspace.com/thegoodfind!

No comments:

Chipped Red Polish on MYSPACE